Swansea Docks Personnel
We have a large number of photos of people who have worked at Swansea Docks.
Back row from the left:- Len Stevens, Bill Faraday, David Vaughan, Sam Evans, Fred Baker, Peter Dailey and Ron Watchman. Front row from the left:- Bessie Bevan, Louvain Cooze, Dick Armor, Connie Cooper and Arthur Evans.
n the photo are Des Camm, Hugh Jones, Arthur Evans, George Elford, Connie Cooper, Bessie Bevan, Louvain Cooze, T.R. Dovell and Miss Williams. (Can anyone supply any more names?)
Swansea Docks function in the Canopic Grill, Mumbles, in the late 1950’s. Seated third from the left is Docks Manager W A C Morris, and standing centre of the photo is Bessie Bevan
A group of docks staff outside the Harbour Office in Adelaide Street Swansea. Albert Hopkins is second from the right.
Docks staff pictured on the Harbour Office steps in May, 1952. Included in the photo are Hubert Charles, Albert Hopkins, Bryn Henson, Tom Jones, Louvaine Cooze and Les Thomas.
Staff outside the Rates & Accounts Office on the Prince of Wales Dock
Swansea Docks staff on an ‘outing’, location unknown. Standing on the left is Bill Faraday, and seated in front of Bill is Louvain Cooze, who would later become Mrs. Faraday. (Photos: Peter Hopkins)
Docks Manager Bill King presents a leaving gift to Mechanical Engineer Stan Wakefield upon his appointment to the post of Docks Engineer, Ayr & Troon (c.1965). Left to right:- Fred Saunders, Dick Jones, Ken Shaw, Don Booth, Bill King, Kay John, Jim Hanson, Rae Allsopp, Stan Wakefield, (unknown), Haydn Davies, Myrna Williams, Keith Langdon, Terry Davies, Ray Howells, Bessie Bevan, Frank Fordham, Susan Bellamy, Russell George, Cyril Jenkins and Capt. Jack White.
Docks Engineer Keith Langdon is presented with a leaving gift in 1973 upon his appointment to the position of Chief Docks Engineer, South Wales Ports Left to right :- Brian Flower, Terry Davies, Keith Langdon, Jim Hanson, Ken Shaw, Bessie Bevan, Bill Lewis and Don Booth.
Ernie Hatcher, departing Swansea in 1975 to become Docks Engineer Ayr & Troon receives a leaving gift from Brian Flower, Docks Engineer, Swansea & Port Talbot. Also included in the photo are Peter Jubb, Pat Jones, Bill Lewis, Jim Hanson, Ken Shaw, John Edwards, Bessie Bevan, Paul Mabbett and Don Booth.
Included are Frank Fordham, Ron Humphreys, Bob Collins and Colin Perry. Frankie Quinn, who kindly sent us this photo, is 3rd from the left in the back row.
Staff of the Swansea Docks Canteen, including the manageress Mrs. Jenkins, (second left), Penny, Julie, Megan, Rose, and Elaine.
Ben Spanner receives the gift of a barometer in 1991 upon leaving Swansea to take up the post of Port Engineer at Newport Docks Left to right:- Ray Klinck (Port Manager), Mike Ingamells, Norman Ace, John Pope, Ingrid Davies, Gwylim Price, Phil Jones, Terry Morgan, Bill Davies, Nick Ridehalgh, Bill Tomkins, anon., Gerald Sansom, Ivor Lewis, Jeff Manning, anon., Roy Griffiths, Dave Saunders and Terry Duff.
General Cargo Section 1983. Left to right:- Des Camm, David Owen, Len Stephens, Pat Wallis, Mike Noonan, Beryl Zubkewych (seated), Gwylim Price, Ted Jeffries, Maureen Luxton, Christine John, Derek Rowlands, Karen Williams, Sarah Phillips (seated), Bob Williams, Lesley Phillips and Bryan Thomas.
Sharon Williams, Lesley Phillips, Christine Johns and Bill Lewis.
Left to right:- Bob Collins, Eddie King, Capt. Boyd, Bill Lewis, Bryan Thomas and Ray Klinck (Port Manager).
Ian Rogerson at his desk in the old Harbour Office, Adelaide Street, and then after the move to the new building on the dock.