Retired Section Swansea Docks

 

Home Page

 

Fabians Bay in 1804.

Swansea Harbour 1849.


1857 map of Swansea Harbour - the bascule and road bridges are indicated.


The map on the left shows Swansea Harbour as it was in 1880, with the North Dock having been completed in 1852 and the South Dock in 1859. The ‘dock in progress’ on the other side of the river is the Prince of Wales Dock, which is being constructed on the site of Fabian’s Bay. This dock was completed in 1881 and extended in 1898.


Prince of Wales Dock as completed in 1881.


Prince of Wales Dock as at 1898.


South Dock after the construction of the new entrance lock in 1903.


Kings Dock upon completion in 1909. Below Kings Dock is the water area which would later be known as Queens Dock.


Swansea Docks 1948.


South Dock, Prince of Wales Dock, Kings Dock & Queens Dock in 1969.
 

Top of Page